Act IV, Scene 2 Questions and Answers
1. What does Constable say will “suck away the souls” of the English?
2. According to Grandpre, what is the state of the English army?
3. What are “carrions”?
4. What is the mood of these French commanders?
5. What irony is there in their attitude?
6. Do the French commanders fight on foot?
7. According to the Constable, what could the French lackeys and peasants do?
8. How does Grandpre describe the English horses?
9. What mocking suggestion does the Dauphin make?
10. What time of day is it?
1. He says the mere sight of the French will do so.
2. He describes them as dead men.
3. Carrions are corpses.
4. They are confident of their victory.
5. The audience knows they are about to be defeated.
6. No, they are mounted for battle.
7. He says they could defeat the English all by themselves.
8. He says they are drooping, weak, tired, and generally spent.
9. He suggests that they should feed the starving English first, then fight them.
10. It is dawn.