Act II, Scene 3 Questions and Answers
1. Who is the Hostess Quickly?
2. Where is Pistol about to go?
3. What are his plans there?
4. What does Hostess Quickly want?
5. Why does Pistol refuse her request?
6. Whom did Falstaff once call “devils incarnate”?
7. According to the boy, where did Falstaff once see a black flea?
8. To what kind of animal does Pistol metaphorically liken himself and the others, once they will all be in France?
9. What did he mean by this?
10. What are the occupations of Pistol, Bardolph, and Nym?
1. She is Pistol’s wife.
2. He is about to leave for Southampton.
3. He plans to follow the army to France, in an attempt to make money.
4. She wants to go with Pistol to the town of Staines.
5. Pistol is in mourning for the recently deceased Falstaff.
6. He said this about women.
7.He espied it in on Bardolph’s nose.
8.He likens himself and the others to horse-leeches.
9. He meant that they would live like parasites, sucking blood (money) from the soldiers.
10.They are thieves, scam artists, and all-around scoundrels.