Section III Questions and Answers
1. Why does the Russian nurse Kurtz through two illnesses?
2. What frightening sight does Marlow see outside Kurtz’s house?
3. Who is with Kurtz when Marlow first sees him?
4. Why does the manager disapprove of Kurtz?
5. Why does the Russian leave Kurtz’s area?
6. Why is Kurtz carried from the forest?
7. Why does Kurtz give Marlow papers before he dies?
8. Explain the irony of where they bury Kurtz.
9. Why do three people visit Marlow when he returns to Europe?
10. What lie does Marlow tell Kurtz’s Intended?
1. The Russian’s admiration and love for Kurtz compels him to nurse Kurtz through two illnesses.
(The entire section is 238 words.)