Topics for Discussion
1. Who do you think won the Triwizard Tournament? Harry? Credric? Both? Neither? Why?
2. If the other two champions, Fleur Delacouer and Viktor Krum, were students at Hogwarts, to which house would they belong (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Slytherin)? Why?
3. In every one of the Harry Potter books, J. K. Rowling introduces us to interesting magical objects. In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, one such object is the Pensieve. If you could "forget" (at least temporarily!) any one of your memories by putting it in a pensieve, which one memory would it be and why?
4. In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, some house elves, like Dobby, want to be free; other house elves, like Winky, do not want to be free. How might Hermione help Dobby without hurting Winky? What more should—or could—be done? What should be less emphasized? What might Hermione do instead?
5. To date, four of the seven Harry Potter books have been written and/or published. Can you predict what might happen in the next three books that have not been written? Are there any clues in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?