Chapters 41-46 and Historical Notes: Questions and Answers
1. Why does Offred offer two different versions of her encounter with Nick?
2. Why does Offred say that she did not behave well when speaking of her relationship with Nick?
3. Why are the Salvagings and Particicutions public ceremonies?
4. Why do the Handmaids act so murderously?
5. Why doesn’t Offred take part in the Particicution?
6. What are possible reasons for Ofglen’s near-arrest?
7. How does Serena Joy find out that Offred and her husband have been meeting secretly at night?
8. Who has summoned the Eyes to arrest Offred?
9. One of the events Crescent Moon announces is a nature walk. Given that the...
(The entire section is 968 words.)