Act I Questions and Answers
- According to Marcellus and Barnardo, whom does the ghost resemble?
- What happened between the late king of Norway and the late king of Denmark?
- Who is young Fortinbras and what is he doing?
- Who is Horatio?
- Who is Claudius?
- Who is Gertrude?
- Who is Prince Hamlet?
- Who are Polonius and Laertes?
- Who is Ophelia?
- According to the ghost, how did Hamlet’s father really die?
- They think the ghost resembles the late King Hamlet in his battle armor.
- Many years ago, King Fortinbras of Norway challenged King Hamlet of Denmark to a one-on-one duel for some land. King Hamlet killed King Fortinbras during the duel and won the land.
- Young Fortinbras is the son of the late King Fortinbras of Norway. Unbeknownst to his uncle (the current king of Norway), young Fortinbras is assembling men to attack Denmark and reclaim the lands that his father lost in a duel.
- Horatio is Prince Hamlet’s friend from school.
- Claudius is the current king of Denmark and the...
(The entire section is 331 words.)