Chapter 6 Questions and Answers
1. In what state did Gatsby grow up?
2. What was his real name?
3. What was Dan Cody’s background?
4. Who was Ella Kaye?
5. How much was to have been Gatsby’s inheritance from Cody?
6. Why did he not receive it?
7. What is the significance of the threesome not waiting for Gatsby?
8. Why was Daisy appalled at Gatsby’s party?
9. How did Tom charge Gatsby with making his money?
10. In what season of the year had Gatsby met and kissed Daisy?
1. Gatsby was reared in North Dakota.
2. He was named James or Jimmy Gatz.
3. Apparently, he had made a fortune in metals from Nevada silver fields and gold in the Yukon.
4. Ella Kaye was Cody’s mistress.
5. He was to receive $25,000.
6. Ella Kaye found a legal strategy to cut him out and inherit Cody’s millions herself.
7. He does not understand that their invitation is superficial; in fact, he is being insulted without being aware of it.
8. The sophistication and restraint of the “secret society are missing.” The vitality and simplicity of Gatsby’s guests are virtually palpable, and Daisy is unappreciative.
9. Tom denounces Gatsby as a bootlegger.
10. He had known her in Louisville in the autumn of the year.