Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 212
1. Why does Nick say Gatsby’s house looks like the World’s Fair?
2. How does Gatsby’s gardener help prepare for Daisy’s visit?
3. How does Gatsby dress for the rendezvous with Daisy?
4. Who is the Finn referred to in chapter 5?
5. How long has it been since Daisy and Gatsby had seen each other?
6. What does Gatsby’s maid do when leaning out a central bay window?
7. In what way are the various rooms in Gatsby’s mansion described in historical terms?
8. Who was Gatsby’s first benefactor?
9. What part does nature play in the rendezvous?
10. Who provides the musical background for the love scene?
1. It is so lit up late at night.
2. He cuts Nick’s grass as well as Gatsby’s.
3. He wears a white flannel suit, silver shirt, and gold-colored tie, accouterments fit for a god.
4. She is Nick’s domestic help.
5. Gatsby has counted every minute for these five years they have been apart.
6. She spits, an incongruous action in such a setting.
7. The description includes Marie Antoinette music-rooms and Restoration salons, a sort of continental decor.
8. Dan Cody, who had made money from silver and gold fields, took him aboard his yacht.
9. It rains.
10. When Daisy and Gatsby are reunited, Klipspringer plays the piano.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support