Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 212
1. Why does Nick say Gatsby’s house looks like the World’s Fair?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. How does Gatsby’s gardener help prepare for Daisy’s visit?
3. How does Gatsby dress for the rendezvous with Daisy?
4. Who is the Finn referred to in chapter 5?
5. How long has it been since Daisy and Gatsby had seen each other?
6. What does Gatsby’s maid do when leaning out a central bay window?
7. In what way are the various rooms in Gatsby’s mansion described in historical terms?
8. Who was Gatsby’s first benefactor?
9. What part does nature play in the rendezvous?
10. Who provides the musical background for the love scene?
1. It is so lit up late at night.
2. He cuts Nick’s grass as well as Gatsby’s.
3. He wears a white flannel suit, silver shirt, and gold-colored tie, accouterments fit for a god.
4. She is Nick’s domestic help.
5. Gatsby has counted every minute for these five years they have been apart.
6. She spits, an incongruous action in such a setting.
7. The description includes Marie Antoinette music-rooms and Restoration salons, a sort of continental decor.
8. Dan Cody, who had made money from silver and gold fields, took him aboard his yacht.
9. It rains.
10. When Daisy and Gatsby are reunited, Klipspringer plays the piano.