The Great Gatsby Quiz Ch. 1-3 (B)Download PDF
Excerpt From This Document
- List three examples of items Gatsby owns that represent his wealth.
- Why did Nick move from the Mid-West to New York?
- Provide two specific examples of how Nick is judgmental of others.
- How does Nick meet Gatsby?
- Describe the type of house in which Nick lives.
- In what ways do the twins in yellow represent everything for which Nick has “unaffected scorn” (6)?
- In the phrase “…as if she had asserted her membership in a rather distinguished secret society to which she and Tom belonged” (16), describe the type of “secret society” to which the author, Fitzgerald, is referring.
- Owl Eyes reminds Nick of what image he has seen?
- “Inside, the crimson room bloomed with light” (16). The above quote is an example of: a) allusion b) simile c) metaphor d) personification
- Based on inferences, who called during dinner at the Buchanans’?
- Explain the statement “…they conducted themselves according to the rules of behavior associated with amusement parks” (47) that Nick uses, describing the setting of Gatsby’s party.
- The phrase “…she appeared suddenly at his side like an angry diamond” (45) is an example of what type of figurative language?
- Where does Nick first meet George and Myrtle Wilson?
- Examine the following quotes: “Taking out my handkerchief I wiped from his cheek the remains of the spot of dried lather that had worried me all the afternoon” (30). “…I wanted the world to be in uniform and at a sort of moral attention forever”(6). What do these quotes say about the type of person Nick is?
- Name two rumors about how Gatsby became rich.
- How are Nick and Daisy related?
- Why did Nick attend Gatsby’s party?
- Name two ways the McKees know Myrtle Wilson.
- Name one rumor Catherine mentions to Nick at Myrtle’s party.
- What does Myrtle keep repeating that provokes Tom to break her nose?
About this Document
I created two different versions of a Great Gatsby quiz for chapters one through three. Here is version B (twenty questions, short answer).