Part 3, Chapters 58 and 59 Questions and Answers
1. When Pip returns to his village and the Blue Boar, how do the townspeople treat him?
2. What is happening to Satis House?
3. Who still believes that he is the original benefactor for Pip’s fortunes?
4. Pip returns on a very special day in the lives of Biddy and Joe. What is it?
5. What does Pip beg Joe and Biddy to do?
6. Where does Pip go after leaving Joe and Biddy?
7. How many years did Pip stay away from London before returning again?
8. When Pip returns to see Joe and Biddy, what new additions have occurred in their family?
9. What has happened to Estella?
10. Pip goes to look at the place where Satis House once was, and who does he find walking there?
1. The people in Pip’s village have heard of his loss of fortune and treat him coolly.
2. Satis House is being torn down for building materials, and the contents are being sold at auction.
3. Mr. Pumblechook still believes that he is the original benefactor.
4. Pip returns on Biddy and Joe’s wedding day.
5. Pip begs Joe and Biddy to forgive him.
6. After leaving Joe and Biddy, Pip goes to Cairo to join Herbert and Clara and work there as a clerk.
7. Pip remains in Cairo for 11 years before returning to his village.
8. Joe and Biddy have a daughter and a son named Pip.
9. Estella has been treated cruelly by Drummle, and they have separated. Drummle has been killed by his horse as a result of his cruelty to it.
10. Pip returns to the site of Satis House and finds Estella walking in what once was the garden.