Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 243
1. What injuries did Magwitch sustain when he fell out of the boat?
2. What verdict does the judge pass down to Magwitch?
3. What does Pip do after the judge sentences Magwitch?
4. What does Pip tell Magwitch before he dies?
5. What happens to Pip after the death of Magwitch?
6. Who comes to care for Pip?
7. What has happened to Miss Havisham?
8. What has happened to Orlick?
9. What does Joe leave in his farewell letter to Pip?
10. Who does Pip decide to ask to marry him?
1. Magwitch broke two ribs and injured his lung, making breathing very painful and difficult.
2. The judge finds Magwitch guilty and sentences him to death along with 32 others.
3. After the judge sentences Magwitch to death, Pip begins to write petitions on behalf of Magwitch.
4. Before Magwitch dies, Pip tells him that his daughter is alive and that she is beautiful, and he loves her.
5. Because Pip has been spending every spare moment either writing petitions or sitting with Magwitch, he has allowed himself to become run down. He becomes very ill.
6. Joe comes to care for Pip.
7. Joe tells Pip that Miss Havisham has died.
8. Joe tells Pip that Orlick is in the county jail for breaking into Mr. Pumblechook’s house and assaulting him.
9. Joe has paid all of Pip’s debts and left the receipt in his farewell letter.
10. Pip has decided to ask Biddy to forgive him for his past actions and to marry him.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support