Part 3, Chapters 48 and 49 Questions and Answers
1. Who does Pip believe is Estella’s mother? How does he come to this conclusion?
2. How did Mr. Jaggers first meet Molly?
3. What does Miss Havisham agree to do for Pip?
4. How much money will Pip need to complete setting Herbert up in business?
5. When Pip returns to visit Miss Havisham, how has she changed?
6. What three words does she want Pip to write under her name?
7. What happens to Miss Havisham?
8. How is Pip injured?
9. Where is Miss Havisham placed after the fire?
10. Who brought Estella to Miss Havisham?
1. While dining with Mr. Jaggers, Pip recognizes Molly’s hands and eyes to be exactly like Estella’s. Therefore, after hearing Molly’s past, he believes that she is Estella’s mother.
2. Mr. Jaggers was Molly’s lawyer. He got...
(The entire section is 266 words.)