Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 216
1. What favor does Pip ask of Miss Havisham?
2. What confession does Pip make to Estella?
3. Who does Estella plan to marry?
4. Who are the two relatives that Pip ask Miss Havisham not to include with the self-seekers?
5. How does Pip get back to London?
6. What does the night watchman give to Pip, and what does it say?
7. Who has written a warning note to Pip?
8. What two characters are responsible for relocating Provis?
9. Where is Provis now living?
10. What character is in London and threatens the safety of Provis?
1. Pip asks Miss Havisham if she would secretly supply money for Herbert to remain in Clarriker’s employment.
2. Pip confesses that he has loved her since he first went to Satis House.
3. Estella plans to marry Bentley Drummle.
4. Pip asks Miss Havisham not to include Herbert and his father in the group of relatives who are greedy self-seekers.
5. Pip is so unhappy that he walks back to London.
6. The night watchman at the Temple gives Pip a note that says, “Don’t go home!”
7. Mr. Wemmick is the one who has written the note.
8. Mr. Wemmick and Herbert are responsible for relocating Provis.
9. Provis is now living in the house where Clara, Herbert’s fiancee, lives.
10. Compeyson is in London and threatens Provis’ safety.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support