Part 2, Chapters 38 and 39 Questions and Answers
Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 256
1. Whom does Pip accompany back to Satis House?
2. When Pip cannot sleep at night, who does he see in the hallways carrying a candle like a ghost?
3. Someone is courting Estella that Pip does not approve of. Who is it?
4. Estella admits that she deceives and entraps every suitor except one. Who is that one?
5. What is the weather like when Pip is visited by his benefactor?
6. Where has the convict been working all this time? What has he been doing?
7. Who is Pip’s benefactor?
8. Where does the convict stay for the night?
9. How does Pip feel about the convict staying with him?
10. What will happen to the convict if he is found in London?
1. Pip accompanies Estella back to Satis House.
2. When Pip awakens at night, he sees Miss Havisham roaming the halls carrying a candle.
3. Pip does not approve of Drummle courting Estella.
4. Estella admits that she does not try to trap or ensnare Pip. She is quite candid with him.
5. When the convict comes to reveal that he is Pip’s benefactor, there is a raging storm outside.
6. The convict has been working in Australia as a sheep farmer.
7. The first convict on the marshes is Pip’s benefactor.
8. The convict stays in Herbert’s room for the night.
9. Pip is frightened of the convict and locks the door leading to his room.
10. The convict had been given a life sentence with the stipulation that he was never to return to London. If he returned, he would be hanged.