Part 2, Chapters 36 and 37 Questions and Answers
1. Why does Mr. Jaggers send for Pip?
2. What new financial arrangements are initiated when Pip comes of age?
3. What information does Pip want from Mr. Jaggers?
4. What does Pip want Mr. Wemmick to help him do?
5. Who is going to help with the arrangements for Herbert’s future?
6. What does the Aged Parent like to read each night?
7. Who is the shipping merchant who agrees to help Pip with his plan?
8. What device separates Mr. Wemmick from the rest of the world?
9. Who is Mr. Wemmick’s lady-friend?
10. How much money did Pip receive on his birthday?
1. Mr. Jaggers sends for Pip to give him a bank note for 500 pounds.
2. Mr. Jaggers tells Pip that he will receive 500 pounds each year, and he will manage his own business affairs now that he is 21 years of age.
3. Pip is hoping to find out the identity of his benefactor.
4. Pip wants Mr. Wemmick to help him secretly set Herbert up in business.
5. Miss Skiffin’s brother is going to help with the arrangements regarding Herbert’s future.
6. The Aged Parent likes to read the newspaper aloud each night.
7. The shipping merchant who agrees to help Pip with his plan to help Herbert is Clarriker.
8. A small ditch called a moat separates Mr. Wemmick from the rest of the world. To get over to the Castle, one must cross over the drawbridge.
9. Miss Skiffins is Mr. Wemmick’s lady-friend.
10. Pip receives a bank note for 500 pounds.