Part 2, Chapters 30 and 31 Questions and Answers
1. How does Orlick lose his job at Miss Havisham’s house?
2. How is Pip treated by the townspeople?
3. How is Pip treated by Trabb’s boy?
4. Why does Pip send Joe a gift?
5. What does Pip send Joe?
6. Who does Pip confide in?
7. What does Herbert confide to Pip?
8. What is the name of Herbert’s fiancee?
9. When does Herbert plan to marry his fiancee?
10. What play is being performed by Mr. Wopsle?
1. Pip tells Mr. Jaggers that he does not believe that Orlick should be in a position of trust, and Mr. Jaggers tells Pip that he will fire him.
2. The townspeople want to see Pip, and they treat him with the respect that money brings.
3. Trabb’s boy mocks Pip and humiliates him.
4. Pip sends Joe a gift to relieve his guilt for not going to see him.
5. Pip sends Joe codfish and a barrel of oysters.
6. Pip is able to confide in Herbert.
7. Herbert confides to Pip that he is engaged.
8. Herbert’s fiancee’s name is Clara.
9. Because of their poverty, Herbert and Clara cannot marry until Herbert acquires some money.
10. Mr. Wopsle is acting as Hamlet in Shakespeare’s Hamlet.