Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 274
1. Where does Pip stay when he reaches his village?
2. Does Pip go to see Joe, Biddy, and his sister while he is in town?
3. Who rides on the coach with Pip?
4. What does Pip overhear the convicts discussing?
5. When Pip arrives in his village, who does he find has taken all the credit for his good fortune?
6. Who admits Pip into Miss Havisham’s gate and is now working for her?
7. How has Estella changed since the last time Pip saw her?
8. What does Miss Havisham tell Pip to do to Estella?
9. How does Pip recognize Estella when he first arrives?
10. Who does Pip envision restoring Satis House to its former glory?
1. Pip decides to stay at the Blue Boar.
2. No, Pip feels guilty because he does not go see them, but not enough to go.
3. Two convicts ride with Pip on the coach. One of them is the stranger who stirred his drink with Joe’s file at the Three Jolly Bargemen.
4. Pip overhears the convict tell the other how he was instructed to give two one-pound notes to a young boy.
5. Pip learns that Mr. Pumblechook has taken all the credit for helping Pip acquire his good fortune.
6. Orlick is now working for Miss Havisham and is the one who admits Pip in the gate.
7. She has become a young woman, even more beautiful than before. However, she is still distant and cool to Pip, but not hateful as before.
8. She tells him to “love her, love her, love her.”
9. Pip recognizes Estella’s eyes.
10. Pip envisions himself as being the hero who restores the house and marries Estella.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support