Part 2, Chapters 22 and 23 Questions and Answers
1. How does Herbert feel about Estella?
2. What name does Herbert give to Pip?
3. Why is Pip named Handel?
4. What is one of the first lessons Herbert teaches Pip?
5. What relation is Estella to Miss Havisham?
6. Does Miss Havisham have any brothers or sisters?
7. Who did Mr. Havisham leave his vast fortune to after his death?
8. What two men conspired to swindle Miss Havisham out of her money?
9. Which character is obsessed with peerage, titles, and nobility?
10. Who are the other two students living at Matthew Pocket’s home?
1. Herbert thinks she is a “Tartar,” trained to break the hearts of young men.
2. Herbert gives Pip the name of Handel.
3. Pip is named...
(The entire section is 228 words.)