Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 230
1. What is the name of Mr. Jaggers’ clerk?
2. What is the name of the “pale young gentleman”?
3. What is Pip’s impression of London?
4. What is the name of the inn where Pip is to live?
5. What does Mr. Jaggers give to Pip?
6. Who walks Pip to Barnard’s Inn?
7. What kind of lawyer is Mr. Jaggers?
8. Where have Pip and Herbert Pocket met before now?
9. What is Pip’s impression of Mr. Jaggers?
10. What is the name of the prison located near Mr. Jaggers’ office?
1. Mr. Wemmick is the name of Mr. Jaggers’ clerk.
2. Herbert Pocket is the name of the “pale young gentleman.”
3. Pip is disappointed in London. It appears to be crowded, dirty, and dismal.
4. Pip is to stay at Barnard’s Inn.
5. Mr. Jaggers gives Pip an allowance and cards of tradesmen with whom he is to deal with for clothes and other things that he should be in need of.
6. Mr. Wemmick walks Pip to Barnard’s Inn.
7. Mr. Jaggers is a powerful criminal lawyer.
8. Pip and Herbert Pocket have met in Miss Havisham’s garden. They engaged in a humorous fight.
9. Pip realizes, by comments overheard on the street and by observing how Mr. Jaggers treats people, that he is a powerful lawyer. He has a great deal of influence.
10. The prison located near Mr. Jaggers’ office is called Newgate Prison.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support