Part 1, Chapters 8 and 9 Questions and Answers
1. What is the meaning of Satis?
2. At what time have all the clocks in Miss Havisham’s house stopped?
3. Who opens the gate to let Pip in at Miss Havisham’s?
4. What game does Pip play with Estella?
5. How is Miss Havisham dressed?
6. How does Estella hurt Pip’s feelings?
7. Who does Pip imagine he sees hanging from a beam in the brewery?
8. Why does Pip lie to Mrs. Joe and Uncle Pumblechook about his day at Miss Havisham’s?
9. Pip cannot lie to whom?
10. On what subject does Joe lecture Pip?
1. “Satis” in Satis House means enough.
2. All the clocks in Miss Havisham’s house have stopped at...
(The entire section is 219 words.)