Part 1, Chapters 16 and 17 Questions and Answers
1. What important piece of evidence was left beside Mrs. Joe’s body?
2. Mrs. Joe lives, but how is she afflicted?
3. What does Mrs. Joe repeatedly draw on her slate?
4. When Mrs. Joe draws this figure, who does she want to see?
5. What does the “T” represent?
6. Who are the two people Pip suspects could be Mrs. Joe’s attacker?
7. Who comes to live at the forge and cares for Mrs. Joe?
8. When Pip returns to see Miss Havisham on his birthday, what does she give him?
9. Who does Pip confide in that he wants to be a gentleman?
10. What is the reason that Pip wants to be a gentleman?
(The entire section is 219 words.)