Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 215
1. Why does Pip want to educate Joe?
2. What is the reason Pip gives Joe for wanting to return to Miss Havisham’s?
3. What is the real reason he wants to return to Miss Havisham’s?
4. Who meets Pip at Miss Havisham’s gate?
5. Where is Estella?
6. When does Miss Havisham invite Pip to return?
7. What is the name of Joe’s journeyman at the forge?
8. Who causes the fight between Orlick and Joe?
9. Who joins Pip and Mr. Wopsle on their walk home?
10. What happens at home while Pip is in the village?
1. Pip wants to educate Joe to make him less ignorant and common. Pip is also afraid of what Estella would think of Joe.
2. Pip tells Joe that he wants to thank Miss Havisham for his apprenticeship.
3. Pip really wants to see Estella again.
4. Miss Sarah Pocket meets Pip at Miss Havisham’s gate.
5. Estella has been sent abroad to become a lady.
6. Miss Havisham tells Pip that he may return on his birthday.
7. Joe’s journeyman’s name is Orlick.
8. Mrs. Joe causes the fight between Orlick and Joe. She demands that Joe defend her honor.
9. Orlick joins Pip and Mr. Wopsle on their walk home.
10. Mrs. Joe is struck on the head and left unconscious on the floor.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support