Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 260
1. What does the mysterious stranger at the Three Jolly Bargemen stir his drink with?
2. What does the stranger give to Pip?
3. How does Estella treat Pip in these two chapters?
4. What is the Three Jolly Bargemen?
5. Who are the people waiting with Pip in the large room at Miss Havisham’s?
6. On what occasion are these people visiting Miss Havisham?
7. Describe what Pip sees on the bridal table.
8. Where does Miss Havisham want to be laid when she is dead?
9. What does Miss Havisham ask Pip to do on this visit?
10. What do Pip and the pale young gentleman do?
1. The mysterious stranger stirs his drink with Joe’s file.
2. The stranger gives Pip a new shilling wrapped in two one-pound notes.
3. Going up the stairs to see Miss Havisham, Estella slaps Pip and calls him a “little coarse monster.” As she is escorting him out after his visit, she allows him to kiss her on the cheek.
4. Located in the village, the Three Jolly Bargemen is a public-house with a bar.
5. The people waiting with Pip are relatives by the name of Pocket.
6. They are visiting Miss Havisham because it is her birthday.
7. Pip sees a yellowed and decayed wedding cake infested and overrun with spiders, beetles, and mice.
8. When Miss Havisham dies she wants to be laid on the long reception table where the cake is.
9. Miss Havisham asks Pip to help her walk around and around the bridal table.
10. Pip and the pale young gentleman have a humorous fight with Pip being the victor.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support