Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 137
1. Research civilian life during World War II, and compare conditions in England and America during that period.
2. Research child abuse. What is its effect on the victims?Why do some people abuse children? Can this situation be changed?
3. Seemingly simple activities, such as blackberrying with other children, contribute immensely to Willie's recovery from a lifetime of abuse. Choose three events and describe how each contributes to Willie's recovery.
4. Willie shows considerable talent as an artist. Make a sketch book that might have been his, according to descriptions in the story.
5. Willie also shows talent as an actor. Write a play about your favorite part of the book, and act it for your class.
6. Sometimes older people withdraw from society as Tom Oakley does. Investigate the resources and activities that are available for senior citizens in your community.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support