Chapters 39-42 Questions and Answers
1. How did Suellen cause her father’s death?
2. Why does Will want to marry Suellen?
3. Why is Carreen going to enter a convent?
4. Why does Ashley want to go to New York?
5. Why does Melly prevent him from doing so?
6. Once in Atlanta, what does Melly do?
7. What happens to the freedman accused of rape?
8. Why does Melly send Archie to Scarlett?
9. Why does Archie resign?
10. What does Scarlett do when she returns to the mills after her daughter’s birth?
1. Drunk from the brandy Suellen gave him to muddle his thinking, Gerald attempts to jump a fence with a...
(The entire section is 435 words.)