Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 307
- Why does Victor destroy the female creature?
- What does the creature tell Victor to remember just before he leaves the hut?
- What does Victor receive from the fisherman?
- Where does Victor come ashore after being lost at sea?
- How does Victor react to seeing Clerval’s body?
- Who is Mr. Kirwin?
- Who comes to visit Victor in prison?
- What piece of evidence allows Victor to be released?
- What is the “one duty” that remains to Victor?
- What is the one thing that allows Victor to get enough rest to stay alive?
- Victor destroys the female creature because he is afraid she could turn out to be just as or more dangerous as the first creature. He also fears that the two might have children, thereby creating a new race of “devils.”
- The creature tells Victor to remember that he will be with him on his wedding night.
- Victor receives a letter from Clerval asking Victor to meet him in Perth so they can return to London together.
- Victor comes ashore in a town in Ireland.
- Victor reacts by throwing himself on Clerval’s body and asking in horror if his “murderous machinations,” which have already destroyed two other people, have also destroyed his friend. He then begins to convulse and spends two months in a state of fever and delirium.
- Mr. Kirwin is the local magistrate. He believes Victor is innocent and treats him with kindness.
- Victor’s father, Alphonse, comes to visit him in prison.
- The evidence that allows Victor to be released is the fact that he was on the Orkney Islands when Clerval’s body was found.
- The one duty that remains to Victor is to return to Geneva to protect his family and destroy the creature.
- The one thing that allows Victor to get enough rest to stay alive is laudanum.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support