Volume 3: Chapter 7 Questions and Answers
- What place does Victor visit on the night of his departure from Geneva?
- How does the creature respond to Victor’s decision to live?
- How does the creature help Victor to follow him?
- What is the only thing that brings Victor joy as he pursues the creature?
- How does Victor become stranded on the ice?
- What does Victor ask Walton to do for him if he should die?
- What advice does Victor give Walton and the sailors when the ship is trapped in ice?
- What does the creature ask Victor even though he knows Victor cannot answer?
- How does the creature feel about himself?
- What does the creature plan to do after leaving Walton’s ship?
- Victor visits the cemetery, specifically his family tomb.
- The creature responds by telling Victor that he is satisfied with Victor’s decision.
- The creature leaves Victor food and notes written on tree bark and stones.
- The only thing that brings Victor joy is dreaming of his home and his dead loved ones, whom he sometimes convinces himself are still alive.
- Victor becomes stranded when the ice breaks while he is pursuing the creature across the frozen sea.
- Victor asks Walton to finish his task of destroying the creature if the captain should ever come across him.
- Victor advises Walton and the sailors to stick to their purpose and keep sailing north rather than turning back.
- The creature asks Victor to forgive him for destroying his life.
- The creature hates himself and believes that he is the most miserable and malignant being on earth.
- The creature plans to travel as far north as possible, build himself a funeral pyre, and die in the flames.