Last Updated on June 7, 2022, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 234
- Why doesn’t Safie’s father want her to marry Felix?
- What books does the creature find in the forest?
- With which character in the books he finds does the creature most identify?
- What does the creature find in the pocket of the coat he took from Victor’s apartment?
- How do Agatha, Safie, and Felix react to the creature?
- What does the creature do to the cottage?
- Where does the creature decide to go after he leaves his hovel?
- Why does the creature initially seize William?
- What does the creature demand of Victor?
- Where does the creature say he will go if Victor agrees to his demand?
- Safie’s father, who is Muslim, doesn’t want her to marry a Christian.
- The creature finds Paradise Lost, Plutarch’s Lives, and the Sorrows of Werter.
- The creature most identifies with Satan from Paradise Lost.
- The creature finds a journal Victor kept while creating him.
- Agatha faints, Safie runs away, and Felix tears the creature off De Lacey, throws him to the ground, and hits him with a stick.
- The creature burns the cottage down.
- The creature decides to go to Geneva to find Victor.
- The creature initially seizes William in order to make him his friend.
- The creature demands that Victor make him a female companion.
- The creature says he will go to the South American wilderness with his companion.