Volume 2: Chapters 1 and 2 Questions and Answers
1. Where does the Frankenstein family move to after Justine is executed?
2. How does Victor spend his time at Belrive?
3. When does Victor like to sail his boat?
4. Besides sailing, what else does Victor consider doing at the lake?
5. How do Victor and his family travel to Chamonix?
6. What is Victor looking at when the creature appears?
7. What does Victor call the creature when he first sees him?
8. What happens when Victor tries to attack the creature?
9. Why does Victor agree to listen to the creature’s story?
10. What is the creature’s mood when he enters the hut with Victor?
1. The family moves into their house in Belrive.
2. Victor sails his sailboat aimlessly, letting the wind blow him in any direction.
3. He usually sails at night, after his family has gone to sleep.
4. Victor thinks about committing suicide by drowning himself in the lake.
5. They travel first by carriage and later, as they enter the mountains, by mule.
6. Victor is looking at Mont Blanc and Montanvert, two mountains in the Alps.
7. Victor calls him “Devil!” and a “vile insect.”
8. When Victor springs at the creature, the creature easily eludes him.
9. Victor is not only curious, but he is also moved by a strange compassion for the creature, and he feels a sense of duty because he is the monster’s creator.
10. Victor says the creature is exultant.