Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 207
- What event delays Victor’s departure for Ingolstadt?
- Why doesn’t Clerval accompany Victor to the university?
- Who are M. Krempe and M. Waldman?
- What leads Victor to decide to return to his study of natural philosophy?
- What does Victor discover how to do?
- Where does Victor gather materials from which to build the creature?
- How long does Victor spend building the creature?
- Why does Victor flee from the creature?
- Who nurses Victor back to health during his illness?
- From whom does Victor receive a letter after he recovers?
- Victor’s departure is delayed by the death of his mother from scarlet fever.
- Clerval’s father wants him to join the family business rather than pursue a liberal education.
- M. Krempe and M. Waldman are Victor’s professors of biology and chemistry, respectively.
- Victor decides to return to his study of natural philosophy after hearing a lecture by M. Waldman on the achievements of modern chemistry.
- Victor discovers how to bring inanimate matter to life.
- Victor gathers materials from charnel-houses, slaughterhouses, and dissecting rooms.
- Victor spends almost two years building the creature.
- Victor flees from the creature because he finds his creation hideous.
- Clerval nurses Victor back to health.
- Victor receives a letter from Elizabeth.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support