Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 206
1. Research the circumstances surrounding the assassination of President Lincoln. What similarities have others found in the the assassinations of McKinley and Kennedy.
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. Compare and contrast the land provision programs of Reconstruction and Homestead Act.
3. The Bibbs family is hit by typhoid. What are its symptoms, its cause, and treatment? Is it a serious health threat today?
4. Freed slaves were not considered equal to their white neighbors. In the 1896 Plessy v. Ferguson Supreme Court decision, the highest court ruled that separate schools for blacks were permissible, so long as the facilities were of equal quality. Investigate the 1954 Supreme Court ruling in Brown v. Board of Education which finally changed that policy.
5. Investigate the terms of contracts signed by indentured servants who lived in Colonial America and those of the Black Codes of the South after the Civil War. How were they alike? How were they different?
6. Investigate the following two Supreme Court rulings which impacted the lives of African Americans. First discover how and why the Supreme Court reversed the 1875 Civil Rights Act in 1883 and then research how and why that ruling was again reversed in 1964.
7. Who were the Abolitionists? What contribution did they make to the Civil War and to the Reconstruction when the war concluded?