Chapters 50-52 Questions and Answers
1. Why does Emma say of her father, “Could he have seen the heart, he would have cared very little for the lungs?”
2. Why doesn’t Emma want to read the letter from Frank Churchill?
3. What fact comes to light about Jane Fairfax from the letter?
4. What does Frank think about the Eltons?
5. What does Mr. Knightley think of Frank’s reference to Emma?
6. Why does this make Emma blush?
7. What are Mr. Knightley’s final thoughts on Frank Churchill?
8. Why was Isabella Knightley eager to have Harriet visit?
9. Why is Mrs. Elton so happy when Emma comes to visit Jane?
10. How soon does Jane...
(The entire section is 499 words.)