Chapters 46-47 Questions and Answers
1. What is Mrs. Weston’s response to the secret engagement?
2. What is Emma’s response?
3. What is Emma’s concern for the family that was to employ Jane?
4. Why does Emma blush when the name Dixon is uttered?
5. What is Emma referring to with her quote, “the world is not their’s, nor the world’s law?”
6. Why do Mr. Knightley’s prophetic words, “Emma, you have been no friend to Harriet Smith” haunt her?
7. What other mistake did Emma make when she assumed Harriet and she were talking about Frank Churchill, not Mr. Knightley?
8. What two incidents convince Harriet that Mr. Knightley has singled her out...
(The entire section is 607 words.)