Chapters 43-45 Questions and Answers
1. Why is Emma beginning to suspect that Frank’s flirtations are fake?
2. Why does Mr. Knightley question Emma about the game Frank proposes?
3. How does Emma receive Frank’s request that she choose a wife for him?
4. How does Emma first respond when Mr. Knightley accuses her of having hurt Miss Bates’s feelings?
5. Why is Emma so glad to be playing backgammon with her father?
6. What is the atmosphere in the Bates’ house when Emma arrives?
7. How does Emma contrast Mrs. Churchill and Jane Fairfax?
8. Why does Emma blush when her father brings up her visit to the Bates’ house?
9. Why is Emma...
(The entire section is 631 words.)