Chapters 34-36 Questions and Answers
1. Why is Emma relieved Harriet declines her dinner invitation?
2. Why does Emma think Jane will never like her?
3. Why does Jane decline Mrs. Elton’s offer?
4. Why does Emma take Jane’s arm to go into dinner?
5. How does Jane respond to Mrs. Elton’s suggestion that she secure a position with a family of means?
6. How does Mrs. Elton treat Mr. Woodhouse?
7. Why is John Knightley surprised that Mr. Weston would show up so late in the evening?
8. Where is Enscombe?
9. Why does Mr. Weston say that Mrs. Churchill has no claims on arrogance?
10. Why does John Knightley think his boys might be in...
(The entire section is 571 words.)