Chapters 32-33 Questions and Answers
1. What is Harriet’s assurance to Emma upon leaving the Eltons’ for the first time?
2. What is a barouche-landau?
3. How does Mrs. Elton correct Emma?
4. What is Emma surprised to hear from Mrs. Elton about Mr. Knightley?
5. Why does Emma tell her father it was acceptable for him not to have paid the Eltons a courtesy call?
6. What is Mr. Elton’s apparent reaction to his wife?
7. How does Mrs. Elton’s behavior toward Emma change?
8. Why does Emma think Jane might have declined Mrs. Dixon’s invitation to Ireland?
9. Why does Mrs. Weston think Jane has become friendly with the Eltons?
(The entire section is 499 words.)