Chapters 30-31 Questions and Answers
1. Why is Emma certain that Mr. Knightley doesn’t love Jane Fairfax?
2. Why does Frank say his mother is ill?
3. What does Emma learn about Frank’s visit to the Bates’ house?
4. What statement of Frank’s almost cuts through the layers of politeness he normally displays?
5. What does Emma think Frank is about to reveal before Mr. Weston and Mr. Woodhouse come into the room?
6. How does Emma interpret Frank’s remarks about her?
7. What does Emma tell Harriet to do?
8. How does Emma justify her friendship with Harriet?
9. How does Emma justify her father’s behavior?
10. What is Emma...
(The entire section is 476 words.)