Chapters 22-24 Questions and Answers
1. What was Mr. Elton’s attitude upon returning to Highbury?
2. How long after Mr. Elton had been introduced to Augusta Hawkins did he propose?
3. What does Emma think of the intended bride of Mr. Elton?
4. What was contained in the note that Elizabeth Martin wrote to Harriet?
5. Why does Harriet lack the heart for a visit to the Martins?
6. How long does Emma decide Harriet shall stay at the Martin farm?
7. Why does Emma regret the Martin’s rank?
8. How does Frank Churchill go overboard in praising Mrs. Weston?
9. Why does Emma think Mr. Knightley is wrong about Frank Churchill?
10. Why does...
(The entire section is 485 words.)