Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 117
1. Research the history of the Cherokee Indians. How are their beliefs different from your own?
2. Why were Native Americans persecuted? Were they or are they misunderstood? Why?
3. What would it be like to live in the mountains? Research the history of Tennessee's mountains and mountain people.
4. Why might it be important to live in harmony with Nature? How is man treating the environment today?
5. How do you think Little Tree will adapt to the modern world?
6. What was life like during the 1930s and the Great Depression?
7. Research "The Trail of Tears." How do you think America would be today if we had shared knowledge and co-existed equally with the native people who were here before us?
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support