Chapters 23-25: Questions and Answers
1. Lying in bed with Peter on the day after Valentine’s Day, Marian worries about her body’s recent rejection of rice pudding. What else is Marian worried about?
2. Explain the jealousy Marian feels towards her friend Clara.
3. What does Marian give Peter for Valentine’s Day? Why? When?
4. Does Peter like the gift? Does Marian?
5. Why does Marian choose to buy a red sequined dress that she does not really like?
6. Marian is not pleased with her new hair style but does not ask the hairdresser to change it. Why not?
7. Why is Marian afraid of losing her engagement ring?
8. What does Marian do when feeling...
(The entire section is 401 words.)