Act 1, Scene 1: Questions and Answers
1. Where was Antonio before he returned to Ferdinand’s court?
2. Why does Bosola agree to serve Ferdinand as intelligencer?
3. What does Antonio call Bosola?
4. What does the Cardinal ask Bosola?
5. How long did Bosola spend in prison?
1. Antonio was in France.
2. Ferdinand has procured him the provisorship of the Duchess’s horse. Bosola’s gratitude, therefore, requires him to serve Ferdinand as intelligencer.
3. Antonio calls Bosola “the only court-gall” in Ferdinand’s court.
4. The Cardinal asks Bosola to “become honest.”
5. Seven years.