Last Updated on May 6, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 90
1. What is the Duchess’s response to her imprisonment?
2. Why does Ferdinand show the Duchess figures of Antonio and their children?
3. Why does the Duchess plan to starve herself to death?
4. Who made the figures of Antonio and their children?
5. Why does Ferdinand plan to put madmen near the Duchess’ lodging?
1. The Duchess bears her imprisonment “nobly.”
2. Ferdinand does this to bring the Duchess despair.
3. The Duchess wants to die, and “the Church enjoins fasting.”
4. Vincentio Lauriola made the figures.
5. Ferdinand wants to make the Duchess insane.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support