Last Updated on July 29, 2019, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 88
- Heart of Darkness, a novel by Joseph Conrad published in 1902, also concerns a journey of self-discovery.
- The Gulf, a collection of poems by Walcott published in 1969, also discusses an internal chasm.
- Waiting for Godo, a 1954 play by Jean Paul Sartre, also features a complicated friendship.
- O, Babylon! is a play by Walcott from 1976, which also concerns how cultures meet and are integrated internally.
- Don Quixote, a two-volume novel by Miguel de Cervantes published in 1605 and 1615, has, at its heart, a relationship similar to that of Makak and Moustique.