Act II, Part 6: Questions and Answers
1. What is Willy’s “proposition”?
2. What effect does Willy think his death will have on Linda and Biff?
3. Will the insurance company pay if it determines that Willy’s death is a suicide rather than an accident?
4. What is Biff’s solution to ending the conflict between him and his father?
5. What object does Biff show Willy?
6. Has Biff spited Willy?
7. Does Ben approve of Willy’s “proposition”?
8. What effect does Willy anticipate his death having on the continuing competition he imagines between Bernard and Biff?
9. By the end of the scene, is Willy still angry with Biff?
(The entire section is 510 words.)