Act II, Part 2: Questions and Answers
1. Who does Willy “meet” after Howard fires him?
2. When Willy tells his brother that “nothing is working out,” what opportunity does Ben offer Willy?
3. What does Linda think of Ben’s offer?
4. What two things does Linda mention to persuade Willy of her opinion about his current job?
5. Does Willy accept Ben’s offer?
6. When Willy asks one last time if Ben approves of his ideas about business and the way he has raised his son, how does Ben respond?
7. Why is it an important day for Biff?
8. Does Charley expect Willy to accept his invitation to play cards?
9. Why does Willy challenge Charley to fight?
10. What comment does this scene as a whole make about Willy’s mood after being fired by Howard?
1.Willy “meets” Ben, his older brother. More precisely, Willy remembers or daydreams the meeting, which appears to the audience as a flashback to time several years ago when Ben visited Willy after a trip to Alaska.
2. Ben offers Willy the chance to work for him in Alaska.
3. Linda does not want Willy to accept the job in Alaska. She thinks Willy should be happy enough in his present job.
4. To persuade Willy not to accept the job in Alaska, Linda reminds Willy that old man Wagner has said Willy may become a member in the firm; she also reminds him of...
(The entire section is 463 words.)