Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 163
1. Why is Wassilij scared by the news that the Party cell’s secretary asked Vera about Wassilij’s relationship with Rubashov?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. How does the Public Prosecutor end his speech?
3. What is an individual, according to the Party?
4. What does No. 402 tell Rubashov as Rubashov is taken from his cell?
5. What happens to Rubashov’s pince-nez as he walks down the stairs?
1. Wassilij is scared by the news that the Party cell’s secretary asked Vera about Wassilij’s relationship with Rubashov because he thinks he might be arrested by the Party.
2. The Public Prosecutor ends his speech by demanding that all the Party’s enemies be executed.
3. According to the Party, the individual is “a multitude of one million divided by one million (208).”
4. No. 402 tells Rubashov he envies him as Rubashov is taken from his cell.
5. As he walks down the stairs, Rubashov’s pince-nez falls down to the stairs and the man behind Rubashov puts it in his pocket.