Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 147
1. Why does Rubashov think Ivanov has come to his cell?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. What does Ivanov ask from Rubashov?
3. What reason does Ivanov give for Bogrov’s execution?
4. What does Ivanov say was Raskolnikov’s mistake in killing the old woman?
5. What is Gletkin’s years-long habit?
1. Rubashov thinks Ivanov has come to his cell to trick him into signing his confession.
2. Ivanov asks Rubashov to let him speak for five minutes, and to listen to what he says.
3. Ivanov says Bogrov was executed because he had fallen two decades behind the times by continuing to advocate worldwide revolution and the Party’s construction of large submarines.
4. Ivanov says Raskolnikov’s mistake was to kill the old woman for his personal interest rather than to serve the Party.
5. Gletkin’s years-long habit is to work all the way through the night three or four times a week.