Canto 7 Questions and Answers
1. Who guards the Fourth Circle?
2. What sins have been committed by those in the Fourth Circle?
3. Describe how the squanderers and the hoarders are punished.
4. What is the name of the marsh in the Fourth Circle?
6. How does Dante travel within the Fourth Circle?
7. The Fourth Circle is the last of the circles of Incontinence. What is “incontinence”?
8. What did Virgil and Dante find at the foot of the path and stairs?
9. To whom do nations owe the credit for the amassing great wealth or the blame for not amassing this wealth?
10. Why did Virgil encourage Dante to move more rapidly?
1. Pluto guards the Fourth Circle.
2. The souls in the Fourth Circle are guilty of squandering, hoarding, and wrath.
(The entire section is 248 words.)