Canto 6 Questions and Answers
1. What is the atmosphere like in Circle Three?
2. Of what crimes were the souls in Circle Three guilty?
3. From where did the gluttonous soul who talks to Dante and Virgil in Circle Three come?
4. From what city did Dante come?
5. What are the three sparks from Hell sowed in every person’s breast?
6. Who is the great enemy that Dante and Virgil will find at the next descent?
7. What does the word Ciacco mean?
8. Who is the guardian of Circle Three?
9. What were the gluttons eating in Hell?
10. What is the “Enemy Power?”
1. The atmosphere in Circle Three includes rain, sleet, snow, and hail.
2. The souls in Circle Three are guilty of gluttony.
3. The gluttonous soul who spoke with Dante and Virgil was from Florence.
4. Dante was from Florence.
5. The three sparks were Avarice, Envy, and Pride.
6. Pluto will be at the next level down.
7. The word Ciacco means “pig.”
8. The three-headed dog Cerberus was the guardian of Circle Three.
9. The gluttons were eating mud in Hell.
10. The “Enemy Power” is a reference to Christ, the enemy of sin.