Canto 30 Questions and Answers
1. What is Dante doing when Virgil reprimands him?
2. What is Dante’s reaction to Virgil’s reprimand?
3. What images of falsifiers are found in Bowge X?
4. In Canto XXX about what does the Greek lie?
5. Whose image is on the counterfeit coins in Canto XXX?
6. How did Hecuba kill herself?
7. What is the sin of Myrrha?
8. What is the sin of Gianni Schicchi?
9. Who is Capocchio?
10. What did Juno send to Athamas for revenge?
1. Dante is watching the sinners and listening intently to what they say when Virgil reprimanded him.
2. Virgil’s reprimand of Dante brings Dante shame.
3. In Bowge X are falsifiers of person, of words, and of money.
4. The Greek that Dante describes in Canto XXX had lied about the wooden horse that the Greeks used to hide soldiers when they took the horse into the walls of Troy.
5. In Canto XXX the image of John the Baptist is on the counterfeit coins.
6. Hecuba killed herself by drowning.
7. Myrrha’s sin was that she lay with her own father.
8. Schicchi’s sin was that he dressed as another and dictated a will.
9. Capocchio had been the student-friend of Dante.
10. Juno sent madness to Athamas for revenge.